Happy Birthday M!
Last night I struggled getting to sleep because I was so excited for you to come home. Hopefully that won't last (the sleeplessness that is~ the excitement can continue!) because we have a few more nights before you come. Yep. Quite a few. I tend to be a pessimist on my children's arrival dates. I expected Emme to be a couple weeks overdue and she came right on time. Maybe you will do the same. Or even early?? We are telling people a year and a half. It's just a guess. Regardless, it's a long time.
Today we visited the local AAA to get our passport photos. You have such beautiful parents. 6'6"+ Papa with the convict photo. (We'll stick close to him and nobody will mess with us!) Mama with droopy, drugged expression. Pretty. Oh well. It expires in 10 years right? I think these passports will give us something to laugh together about. I'm wondering what your passport photo will look like. The pictures we have of you show us your beaming smile. *Love!* Well, maybe 1 out of the 3 of ours will be good. Tomorrow I get to return to the post office because you need to make an appointment to apply for a passport. Who knew? Not me anyway.
Your birthday is this week. You will be 8 years old. I'm wondering how you are celebrating. Tearing up thinking about you and all that we've missed of you. Praying that you will have joy, laughter, anticipation and hope for your future as you turn 8. We will be celebrating here...I wish you could know that you give us reason to celebrate! Your life is precious! We plan to have a birthday meal that maybe you would choose. Your brother and sisters are taking m&m's to their friends at co-op on Friday since you won't be there to do it. We will save your cards for you. Maybe next year we can celebrate together!
With much love,
Mama
So excited to follow your journey!! He shares a birthday with Will...though Will is only six today. Someday maybe they can get together on this day!!
ReplyDeleteLove you guys! This is true---Greg is going to really stick out when you travel. ;)
ReplyDeleteExcited to read about your journey to bring home M. Praying for you each step of the way! Keep the posts coming:)
ReplyDeleteI love your passport photo comment. :o) Our photos came out bad, too. Mike totally looks like a thug in them. I got all worried that they'd take one look at his picture and deny us! :) The wait is a long one....but we'll all be here for you, cheering you on!!! And praying and crying and rejoicing with you.
ReplyDeleteSo excited to be able to follow along {we will know exactly where you're at & what to pray for!:)}. This is such a exciting & "growing" time as I am sure you will {if not already:)} find out! Rejoicing w/ you!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to read your blog! Another adoptive mom friend told me about you and said that we might be matched with the same orphanage. I sent you a Facebook message and would love to connect with you! We hope to travel to get our little guy in the next few weeks.
ReplyDelete