Thursday, March 14, 2013

Adoption Update in Pictures


Ouch! Something went wrong with my bloodwork experience! 



Greg & I don't think that paperwork is very much fun.  Maybe you haven't heard, but there's quite a bit of paperwork involved with adoption.  So we had a paperwork date, starting at Panera Bread....



After we got everything in order, we headed to Staples and made 7 mountains of copies. No pictures of that.
 Then to Applebees to sort the copies. 
 Another date... This one involved more fingerprinting and apostilling and lunch at the Taj Mahal in Columbus.
 The food was delicious.  I don't remember what all it was. The flatbread is naan. Samosa at 12:00.
 It's chicken. :)
 Naan with tikka masala.  Alexa turned the naan into a mousehole here.  You can just see a tiny bite of tikka masala left.  This meal was a hit with the children.  Woohoo!  My secret... go light on the sauce for my children's sensitive taste buds.
 They liked breaking bits of naan and using it as their utensil for eating the rest of the meal.
 More paperwork... We returned to Staples to get our last copies made.  Sorted once more into 8 mountains.

Greg off to the post office to send it on its way to Journeys of the Heart.  I think he said it was $14 something for priority mail.  Now we are waiting to hear that it arrived safely.  Do NOT want to start over!!!

Besides paperwork, we also don't enjoy taking pictures so this is an abbreviated look at our adoption life.  We are currently tackling grant writing paperwork.  And waiting!  

Hope I'm posting bigger news sooner rather than later!

1 comment:

  1. Ouch and WOW!! I've had several friends and family members who have adopted, but this was the first time I actually saw what the stacks of paperwork look like. I'm amazed and now understand what they mean when they say "pregnant with paperwork". :) Looking forward to tonight!
    ~Jennie

    ReplyDelete