Thursday, February 19, 2015

Good morning! Day 2

Random chattering at 5 am. Later learned the valium may have had something to do with it. He likes to talk, but usually asks more questions and makes fewer comments. I wish I could remember what all he had to say. Some of it was memorable. Like "Alexa and Emme, come on! 'Cause Alexa and Emme love me sooo much!" And "I had a big injection in India when I had my surgery. So big! And I was awake. I don't remember my mom then." He started talking to Winter and airing his laundry list of grievances with his siblings and expressing gratitude to God and his doctors and nurses for his surgery. Nonstop. Pushing his pain meds button all the while.

His clock is set a little off today. He was ready to start the day at 4 am. Watching a lot of movies. We have a request in for a ChildLife person to come offer some more entertainment options. Many of you can thank me for not allowing Noah to call you at 5 am, especially Levi, on the west coast!

Catheter is gone. Other tubes and wires all still attached. He has eaten a bit of cracker. Small bit. And taken a few sips of apple juice and water. Yesterday he was throwing up the bit of juice and water he drank. Once he is able to keep things down, we can lose the tubes and wires and start on oral meds.

Sometimes when his legs are paining, Noah tries exercising them. "Look! I'm riding a bicycle!" He prescribed this exercise himself.

Beeps all night long, but Noah slept well until 4. And with the help of Nyquil, I did too. Much better than I did the night before surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment